Summer is a great time to make delicious and healthy recipes with fresh ingredients from your garden or local markets. I love being able to make fresh salads and dips like this.
I decided to make this quick and easy summer salsa to take and share at a visit with our friends. The reason I decided to make this recipe is that it is very easy to make, and includes some fresh tomatoes that I can use from my garden. I made this dip ahead of time, so that I can easily transport it ready made. I will serve this salsa with taco chips.
- 3 medium yellow and/or red tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 medium mango, halved, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved, seeded and finely chopped (I don’t like it too hot, so instead of jalapeno peppers, I used 1 orange bell pepper)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey if needed (I decided this was not needed)
- Kosher salt ( I decided this was not needed)
Simple Directions: Combine the tomatoes, mango, red onion, and cilantro in a bowl. Next add freshly squeezed lime over the fruit mixture and stir gently to combine. Cover and chill until ready to serve or up to 2 hours.
In my make ahead version I added the watermelon at the last minute once ready to serve, just in case the watermelon went mushy.