There are many easy cold salads available to make when its hot out. Throwing together an easy salad as a side dish is a great option rather than cooking vegetables and heating up the kitchen. You can cook the pasta ahead of time if you wish. Cooking it in the evening when the weather cools down is a great idea. You can toss all the ingredients together and let the flavors blend together in the fridge overnight, or just toss the ingredients together when you are ready to eat, either option works well. I made this delicious recipe with very few ingredients. It’s easy to make and will last in the fridge for a few days if you don’t eat it all.
- 1 pound Pasta (your choice, gluten-free , whole wheat or regular)
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound bocconcini (small mozzarella balls)
- 5 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves- minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Note : I used fresh basil out of my garden, it was delicious
5 Easy steps to a quick pasta salad
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add the pasta to the water and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain in a colander and set aside to cool.
- Slice tomatoes and bocconcini in half and put into a bowl with the olive oil, basil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix together and set aside to marinate.
- When the pasta is cooled add the tomatoes and bocconcini salad into the pasta. Gently toss. Add salt and pepper to taste. And serve.
- Serves 6 to 8
Here is step by step directions in photo’s, easy peasy!
Do you have a favorite pasta salad recipe? If so, please share it with me. You can never have enough pasta salad ideas!